Patsy Palmer: I would kill Tony

EastEnders star Patsy Palmer has told how she wishes her character Bianca would attack her boyfriend Tony.

Bianca discovers next week that Tony - played by Chris Coghill - has had a relationship with her stepdaughter Whitney (Shona McGarty), and she is confused by the situation.
But Patsy told Digital Spy she would be furious.

She said: "The confusion Bianca feels during the reveal episodes had to be the most difficult.

"For me, I almost didn't want to play the confusion. I just wanted Bianca to get a knife, go into protective parent mode and go straight for Tony's throat!"

The actress and mother said she thought the sensitive nature of the plot was important to address.

Patsy said: "I think it's the fact that you can't open the papers any more without seeing situations like Whitney's been going through. Everything's so harrowing and there are so many reports of these kind of incidents.

"I think the other upsetting thing is that women like Bianca are so vulnerable - the fact that men like Tony can go into a family and groom a child. I then start to think about the story we didn't see.

"I'm fortunate that I've never experienced anything like this in my life or in my family. Unfortunately, when you look at the statistics from the NSPCC, too much of it goes on - and they're only the incidents we know about. What about all the undetected cases?"

Source - MSN

Comments

Popular Posts