Charlie Hawkins' Drink Delight

Charlie Hawkins rang his mum after having his first pint in the legendary Queen Vic.

The 'EastEnders' actor - who turns 18 on St. Valentine's Day - was delighted when his character Darren Miller celebrated his landmark birthday, as it meant he was finally allowed to have a beverage in the BBC soap's famous pub.

Charlie said: "Mine and Darren's birthdays are three weeks apart. But it's been really odd, because I've already started doing scenes in the show's nightclub R&R and the pub, which I've never done before. Instead of glasses of orange juice, I'm now getting pints.

"It's hilarious - I phoned my mum the other day and said, 'Guess what, I'm having a pint in the Queen Vic!' "

Charlie - whose character is the younger brother of Mickey Miller, who was played by Joe Swash - says he and the 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!' winner have remained close since Joe left the soap last year.

Camden-born Charlie said: "I love Joe to bits. I watched him every single night when he was on 'I'm a Celebrity...'. He was so funny on that - but we already knew he was. The great lines he came up with, that's what he was like when he was on 'EastEnders'.

"He only lives five doors up from me, and he's not changed one bit - I'm not sure if that's good or bad! But I'm really proud of him."

Source - Virgin Media

Comments

Popular Posts