'Enders' Mo: 'Wendy Richard saved me'

Laila Morse has again said that former EastEnders co-star Wendy Richard saved her life by urging her to visit her doctor when she discovered a lump in her breast.

The actress, who plays Mo Harris on the programme, told The Sun that she was initially too afraid to get the lump checked.

Morse said: "Wendy rang and asked if I'd been to the doctors. I told her I had and she asked me what they'd said.

"I told her it was just a mammary gland and nothing to worry about. It was a lie. I hadn't been. I knew from the tone of her voice that Wendy didn't believe me."

She added that when she was later having a blood pressure check she could not get Richard's words out her head and told the doctor about the lump.

Morse was diagnosed with cancer and had a the lump removed as further treatment. Her disease eventually went into full remission.

"If it hadn't been for Wendy, more than likely I wouldn't have done anything. It's thanks to her I'm here. I would have just brushed it off but she wouldn't let me," Morse added.

Richard died last month at the age of 65 from a third bout of aggressive breast cancer.

Source - Digital Spy

Comments

Popular Posts