Emma Barton would make Walford return

Emma Barton has revealed that she is willing to make a return to EastEnders.

The actress made her debut as Honey Mitchell on the BBC One soap in 2005, but was axed last year after producers decided that the character had "come to the end of her storyline".

Barton is currently appearing as Roxie Hart in a touring production of the musical Chicago and hopes to land further TV roles once she completes the run.

Speaking to the Daily Record, she explained: "There's no immediate plans for me to return to EastEnders and I'm off doing my own thing.

"But who knows? Honey could have walked from the Square for good or she could be back on screen two years down the line.

"I'd love to do something totally different on TV like a period drama, but if I did go back to soap acting, then it would have to be with EastEnders. I just couldn't go anywhere else."

Barton admitted that she was "gutted" to be axed last year. She later claimed that producers had made the decision too hastily.

Source - Digital Spy

Comments

Popular Posts