Palmer: 'EastEnders saved my life'

Patsy Palmer has claimed that landing a role on EastEnders saved her from fully succumbing to her addictions.

The 36-year-old, who plays Bianca Jackson on the BBC soap, told the News Of The World that her addictive personality coupled with a naive outlook on life meant that she was sniffing solvents at 11 and taking cocaine by the time she was 13.

She said: "To be honest, working on EastEnders saved my life. I hate to think what would have happened to me if I hadn't got that break as Bianca. I was still partying and doing drugs at night and during the weekends, but I also had to hold down a job.

"I don't know how I survived. It was the producer who first sent me away to get help when she realised things were getting out of control. I was basically having a nervous breakdown."

Palmer, who has been clean of drugs and alcohol since 2004, joined the cast of EastEnders in 1993 and remained for six years. She rejoined the soap last year, saying that returning as Bianca completely sober was "incredible".

Source - Digital Spy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Join our new Eastenders - Danielle/Ronnie forum

http://daniellepetition.phpbbhosts.co.uk/index.php

Sign the petition to show your frustration about the decision to kill off Danielle.

http://www.petitiononline.com/DjonesEE/petition.html

Popular Posts