Walford star Brooks wants 'deeper' plots

EastEnders star Charlie Brooks has advised the show's producers to explore her character's softer side.

The actress admitted that she would like a wider variety of plots for her alter-ego Janine Butcher for the sake of her own happiness on set.

"I'd like to explore the vulnerable side of Janine. Not that I want her to sit there and be all, 'Poor me, I've had a hard life, this is why I'm a vile person', but I think there are moments we could see a deeper side to her," Brooks told the Sunday Mirror.

"I'm such a miserable cow. It's difficult sometimes, when you feel happy - it's like: 'I don't want to do this - I'm in a really good mood'. I want a love story - I'd like to be able to smile on screen."

Brooks announced that she was returning to the BBC One soap in May 2008. She had originally starred as Janine from 1999 to 2004.

"I was just going to go back for a year, but I had a meeting with the boss last week and we're going to go for another year," she added. "So lots more time to get up to much mischief."

Earlier this year, Brooks admitted that she wanted producers to introduce a "hunky" boyfriend for Janine.

Source - Digital Spy

Comments

Popular Posts