Westbrook: 'I've been clean for eight years'

EastEnders actress Danniella Westbrook has revealed that she decided to return to the soap as she has been clean from drink and drugs for eight years.

The 35-year-old - who last month announced her decision to make a comeback to the BBC soap as original Mitchell sister Sam - admitted that her addictions prevented her from going back any earlier for fear of risking her recovery.

She told The Sun: "I only decided to go back to work this year because my kids are older and Kevin [Jenkins, husband] suggested I do something for myself as I've been clean for eight years."

After years of substance abuse, she was forced to undergo surgery to rebuild her nasal septum which had been eroded away by cocaine. Of her order, she said: "I'm grateful that my surgeon could rebuild [my nose] so perfectly. He said to me that if I ever relapsed it couldn’t be redone, but I won't relapse… not in a million years."

Westbrook has two children with businessman Jenkins - 13-year-old son Kai and daughter Jody B, six.

She returns to filming within the next few months and is due to make her screen comeback in the autumn.

Source - Digital Spy

Comments

Popular Posts