Marc Elliot's perfect girlfriend

Marc Elliot says Preeya Kalidas is "the perfect girlfriend".

The 'EastEnders' actor - who plays homosexual Muslim character Syed Masood in the BBC One soap - says his on-screen girlfriend Amira Shah is "perfect" and he loves working closely with her.

He told BANG Showbiz: "I couldn't have asked for a better girlfriend, she's perfect. I'm so lucky to work with her."

Although their onscreen romance is doomed - since Syed shared a secret kiss with Christian Clarke (John Partridge) and realised he was gay - the pair are inseparable in real life.

Preeya told BANG Showbiz: "We didn't know each other before 'EastEnders' so it is really nice to be in it with someone I get on so well with.

"We just have such a laugh together. The last few months have been really great!"

Marc says they pair are so close, Preeya even buys him clothes.

He laughed: "She's trying to dress me. She buys all my clothes. Well, ok, not all of them. But she did buy me this jumper. Sadly it clashes with the rest of my outfit and I'm looking rather stupid right now." Marc also revealed Preeya will get her own "juicy" storyline over the coming weeks.

He said: "I'll tell you this - Syed is not the only one with secrets! Amira has a few juicy secrets which are about to come out too!"

The pair were joined by Jade Jagger, Zoe Salmon and their 'EastEnders' co-star John at a star-studded bash on London's Portland Place on Wednesday (24.06.09) to promote the charitable social networking website Leap Anywhere.

Source - Virgin Media

Comments

Popular Posts