Ross Kemp Unemployed

The former 'EastEnders' star - who has played tough guy Grant Mitchell on-and-off since 1990 - has revealed has been left desperately searching for an acting job.

He said: "I'm looking at doing some kind of drama, but the problem is no one's offering me any roles at the moment. So I'm going to take the summer off and have a nice long holiday, but ultimately I'm unemployed."

Although Ross - who won a BAFTA earlier this year for his Sky One documentary series 'Ross Kemp in Afghanistan' - insists his financial situation isn't as bad as many who have been hit by the present recession, he said he sympathises with the thousands who find themselves in the same position.

Ross, 44, added to Zoo magazine: "I'm not on the dole or anything, but I've found myself in a position that many other people in this country are also in because I just don't know what I'm going to do next."

When Ross last left the BBC soap in 2006 it was made known his character - who is the on-screen brother of Phil Mitchell and son of Peggy Mitchell - would not be killed off in case Ross decided to return to Albert Square.

Source - Virgin Media

Comments

Popular Posts