Steve takes a charity plunge

EastEnders legend, Steve McFadden, completes a mile open water swim to raise money for the Westcountry lifeboat service

EastEnders star Steve McFadden was one of 39 swimmers to cross Cornwall's River Fal, from Pendennis Head to St Mawes for charity on Sunday.

The actor was helping to raise money for the Westcountry lifeboat service. He completed his first open water swim in just 46 minutes.

The actor, who plays Phil Mitchell in the soap said after his feat: "It was quite choppy with a swell running and it made the going tough, but once I cleared that I got into a rhythm and was able to swim quite comfortably. The best bit was as I neared the beach and could see the sand beneath me. It's reassuring to be able to see the bottom."

He continued: "The volunteer crews of the lifeboats and the charity's lifeguards are vital when it comes to staying safe on and around the shores and I appreciate what they do and how committed they are. I'm delighted to be supporting them." Well done Steve!

Source - EastEnders Website

Comments

Popular Posts