Tiana Benjamin: 'Men think I'm Chelsea'

EastEnders star Tiana Benjamin has claimed that male viewers confuse her with her soap character.

The 24-year-old actress, who plays maneater Chelsea Fox on the BBC One show, admitted that her alter-ego's on screen antics have made her a firm favourite with the opposite sex.

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, she explained: "I think men think I am her when I go out. They do try their luck. I'm not single - my boyfriend's not in the industry - so I don't need to worry, but it makes me laugh.

"I bet it'd be different if Chelsea was a librarian in a polo neck. The funniest thing was someone driving past me shouting: 'Chelsea, get yer t*ts out!' At least I know people are watching the show."

Benjamin made her debut as Chelsea in 2006 and has since been nominated for sexiest female at the British Soap Awards three times.

She joked: "Clearly not many people know or see me first thing in the morning! I find it complimentary, but also a bit embarrassing. Of course, if I wasn't shortlisted I'd be a bit upset."

Benjamin has previously admitted that she enjoys her character's many kissing scenes on the Walford-based programme.

Source - Digital Spy

Comments

Popular Posts