Richie rules out 'EastEnders' return

Shane Richie has ruled out a return to EastEnders.

Speaking exclusively to DS, Richie who played Alfie Moon in the BBC One soap admitted that he is enjoying spending time with his family.

Asked if he would consider a return, he said: "Nah, I think the show has moved on. It will be four years at Christmas since I left. Also, I've got babies now and I live an hour-and-a-half away."

He added: "I'm really enjoying projects where it's 6 or 12 weeks and then you stop - EastEnders is full-on and I don't think I've got the energy anymore."

Discussing Daniella Westbrook's return to Walford, Richie commented: "I kind of feel sorry for Kim [Medcalf] - she left her mark and now they've [replaced her].

"But I know what it's like when you're an actor and you're out of work and you've got a mortgage to pay - you go where the work is. And I know Kim's doing really well at the moment, so I'm sure she's not bothered."

Richie will next be seen in ITV1 drama Whatever It Takes, which airs on Sunday at 9pm.

Source - Digital Spy

Comments

Popular Posts