Tointon: 'Dawn's plots were non-existent'

EastEnders star Kara Tointon has insisted that she is happy to "move on" from Walford.

The 25-year-old actress recently filmed her final scenes as Dawn Swann after being axed from the BBC One soap earlier this year.

Reflecting on her final months at Albert Square, Tointon told the Sunday Mirror: "Last year was non-existent for me on screen, so I'm ready to move on. Since having baby Summer two years ago, my character didn't really do anything - I just ordered a sandwich every now and again."

She added: "I never expected to be there for as long as four years. I thought two, max, but they kept me on. It was so emotional filming my final scenes. Normally there are a hundred more scenes to do - you're never really done - so I made myself block out the fact this was my last one."

Tointon also confirmed that there is no truth in rumours linking her to the next series of I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!, which last year starred her boyfriend Joe Swash.

On reports that she will appear on Strictly Come Dancing, she commented: "I think every year they have a lot of people wanting to do it - they have people calling them. I'd like to think they'd have me. But who knows?"

Tointon has previously admitted that she felt "heartbroken" after being dropped by her soap bosses.

Source - Digital Soy

Comments

Popular Posts