Boris Johnson fluffed EastEnders lines

EastEnders star Barbara Windsor has revealed that Boris Johnson struggled with his lines when he filmed his cameo appearance on the soap.

The Mayor of London visited the show's set last month to shoot a short scene with Windsor's character Peggy Mitchell in the Queen Vic.

Windsor told The Mirror: "Boris said to me, 'I think I know my lines,' but we got a little bit of comedy accidentally. He did something then said, 'Oh I shouldn't have done that!' But I told him to keep it in on the take."

The 71-year-old actress added that the programme's producers kept Johnson's cameo under wraps until the last minute.

She commented: "It was a big secret until two days before and I thought, 'Why have I got this blank page?'"

The storyline sees Peggy meeting the politician unexpectedly when he decides to pay a visit to Walford.

Windsor confirmed: "He walked in and he only had an hour and he came on his bicycle. He shook hands with everyone. He was absolutely superb."

Johnson's episode is expected to air next month.

Source - Digital Spy

Comments

Popular Posts