Brooks: 'Walford return was right decision'

EastEnders star Charlie Brooks has revealed that she is enjoying life on the show's set more than ever before.

The actress returned to her role as Janine Butcher in 2008 and recently signed a new three-year contract with the BBC One soap.

Reflecting on her first year back in Walford, Brooks commented: "I think it's a wonderful cast at the moment. I was a lot younger when I worked on the show before, and didn't get involved with things so much.

"But I find the older I get, the more I like everything. I love the people I work with, and I feel I definitely made the right decision to return."

The 28-year-old added that she is still holding out hope for Janine to have a love story, tipping Ryan Malloy as one potential suitor.

"I really want Janine to fall in love," Inside Soap quotes her as saying. "She's definitely got her eye on Ryan - they get on well because they're quite similar. We'll see a softer side to her emerging soon, too."

Brooks originally starred as Janine from 1999 to 2004.

Source - Digtal Spy

Comments

Popular Posts