Dizzee Rascal is desperate to star in EastEnders

The 'Bonkers' rapper is a huge fan of the London-based soap and is keen to take up acting lessons so he can win a role in the BBC show.

He said: "'EastEnders' means a lot to me, because I'm from the East End.

"I watch whenever I can fit it in. It's best when I hear my music in the show's cafe, that gives me a buzz.

"I've thought about acting a couple of times. It is something I want to break into soon.

"It would be a natural progression. I could see myself on 'EastEnders' one day - they just need to offer me a role and I'm there."

If Dizzee gets his wish, he wouldn't be the first celebrity to make an appearance on the show.

Robbie Williams was cast as an extra following his departure from Take That while Mayor of London Boris Johnson recently filmed a cameo role, in which he stars in a scene with Queen Vic landlady Peggy Mitchell.

Source - Virgin Media

Comments

Popular Posts