Jake Wood: 'I'm committed to Walford'

EastEnders star Jake Wood has announced that he wants a long-term future with the soap.

The 37-year-old actor revealed that he would like his character Max Branning to establish himself as a Walford legend in the coming years.

Speaking to Celebs On Sunday magazine, he confirmed: "I've done three years and I've just signed for another two. I think it's important when you join something like EastEnders that you make a commitment to it.

"I'd love to make a mark on the show, and to be considered as one of the classic characters would be an honour - being part of the show's history would be great."

Wood made his Albert Square debut in 2006 and believes that Max has since become a firm favourite with fans.

"The reaction to me has always been extremely positive," he explained. "Max is not an out-and-out soap baddie, he's more complex than that, so people quite like him really."

Earlier this year, Wood claimed that Max had finally "turned a corner" in his life.

Source - Digital Spy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Eastenders/Danielle forum free to join!

http://albertsquareonline.co.uk

Popular Posts