Brooke Kinsella reveals lifelong regret

Former EastEnders star Brooke Kinsella has admitted that she regrets not campaigning against violent crime sooner.

The actress, who played Kelly Taylor on the BBC One drama, has repeatedly called for an end to gang violence following the loss of her brother Ben.

Ben died at the age of 16 in June 2008 after being stabbed by a group of men in North London.


Reflecting on her efforts to make a difference, Kinsella is quoted by PA as saying: "I just think it puts adults and people in power to shame, I do the work that I do because I've been through it, and I never did any campaigning against violent crime before.

"That's something that I will have to live with for the rest of my days because I can think, if I did do it, would it have helped make a massive difference?"

Brooke and her family have set up The Ben Kinsella Trust in the teenager's memory to promote anti-violence campaigns.

Former Walford star Mohammed George will release a single in aid of the cause next month.

Source - Digital Spy

Comments

Popular Posts