Westbrook: 'I'm lucky to be alive'

Danniella Westbrook has said that she is lucky to be alive after her years of drug addiction.

The EastEnders star told the Sunday Mirror that she now avoids temptation and is happy to lead a domesticated life.

Westbrook said: "I'm bloody lucky to be alive. Every day I wake up and think, 'Thank God I'm here and in one piece'. That feeling doesn't fade. I could be dead now. I just feel lucky to still be here.

"My life is pretty boring now, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I shut the front door and I'm mum. I do the school run, go to Tesco and I walk my dogs. I've been sober for nine years in March."


She added: "We don’t even have a drop of alcohol in the house. Weekends are spent watching Strictly or having a barbecue. There's no temptation with drugs because I'm not in an environment where they are.

"The closest I come to coke these days is the bottled variety at the kids' birthday parties. There's no chance of slipping up because there's no temptation. I'm 35. Can you imagine me in a nightclub?"

Source -Digital Spy

Comments

Popular Posts