Westbrook: 'Steve McFadden mentored me'

EastEnders actress Danniella Westbrook has credited co-star Steve McFadden for helping her through her soap comeback.

The 35-year-old signed up to reprise her role as Walford's Sam Mitchell in April following a break from her TV career.

Westbrook has now revealed that she adjusted quickly to life back on the show's set thanks to McFadden (Phil Mitchell), despite her initial concerns about returning to Albert Square.

She told PA: "I was very nervous because I hadn't done anything for five years and I hadn't done any acting for ten years, so Steve mentored me and talked me through stuff and helped me out.

"My first two weeks were spent constantly with Steve so I was very lucky. They were very kind to me in that sense."

The part of Sam was played by Kim Medcalf from 2002 to 2005. Westbrook had last been seen in the role in 2000.

Source - Digital Spy

Comments

Popular Posts