Dizzee heights

Dizzee Rascal reckons he'd take to a role in Albert Square like a duck to water.

The star, who has previously expressed an interest in appearing on the show, said he was honoured to hear Walford would love to have him.

He told NME: "That's an honour man. I once played a drug dealer in a film called Rollin' With The Nines. I reckon I could act."

Earlier this year, the Bonkers rapper said that, being from the East End himself, the soap "means a lot" to him.

He added: "I could see myself on EastEnders one day they just need to offer me a role and I'm there."

It prompted a gushing response from the soap's chiefs, who said: "It's great to hear Dizzee Rascal is such a big EastEnders fan, he's a brilliant performer and a true EastEnder so he'd be very welcome to swing by the Queen Vic if he's ever in Walford."

If he appeared in person as himself on the soap, he would be only the third person to do so, following Boris Johnson's recent cameo and a 1987 appearance from fomer Blue Peter presenter Peter Purves, who turned up in Walford to interview Albert Square's residents.

Source - Holy Soap

Comments

Popular Posts