Lacey: Fans worry about me

An actress must be doing something right when people confuse her with her character.

Lacey Turner has revealed that members of the public fear for her mental health since her alter ego Stacey developed bipolar disorder.

Speaking of the response she's had to the storyline, she said: "I've had some really quite touching letters, and other people come up to me and say 'are you all right?' It's hard for people to separate the character from the real person. Most of the feedback has been positive."

She said she'd done a lot of research to ensure she played the bipolar storyline believably.

"I don't think people realise how common it is. It's a modern name for manic depression, and when you start talking to people about it you realise so many people suffer from it. You end up getting research from conversations with people, and I did internet research and spoke to a few people who suffer with the illness, and they gave me some information at work. I did as much as I could."

On Monday night, the 21-year-old received the Inside Soap Award for Best Actress for the fourth year running.

She said she was "honoured" to receive the gong again, adding: "I thought my time was up and it was someone else's go."

Source - Holy Soap

Comments

Popular Posts