Lamb 'in the dark' over Walford mystery

EastEnders actor Larry Lamb has claimed that he does not know who kills off his Walford character Archie Mitchell.

Scheming Archie is to meet a grisly end in the Queen Vic at Christmas, sparking another whodunnit plotline on the BBC soap.

Archie's daughters Ronnie and Roxy, hardman Phil Mitchell and superbitch Janine Butcher have all been tipped as likely perpetrators of the crime.

Speaking to The Mirror, Lamb explained: "When the executive producer told me I was getting bumped off, he asked me if I wanted to know who was going to do it. I said no way.

"If I knew I might blab it and then it spoils it for everyone. I'll definitely be following it. I can't wait."

Lamb filmed his Christmas exit scenes last week. Fans will also see him appearing as Mick Shipman in the third series of Gavin & Stacey in the run-up to the festive period.

He said: "I'm going to be everywhere. I feel very fortunate to play two characters so diametrically opposite. And to play them simultaneously often the same day.

"Last year we were filming the Gavin & Stacey Christmas special at the same time as we were filming the Christmas episodes for EastEnders. I was backwards and forwards, sleeping in the dressing room, playing chirpy Mick and then nasty Archie. It was bizarre."

Source - Digital Spy

Comments

Popular Posts