Danny Dyer's soap no

Danny Dyer turned down a role in 'EastEnders' because he thought it would take over his life.

The actor who is known for his British hardman roles on the big screen decided against starring in the BBC One show because he didn't want to commit to a job long term.

He told BANG Showbiz: "I've put the 'EastEnders' thing to bed. I went onto 'This Morning' and I explained why I didn't want to do that. Later on in life I think. At the moment, it's such a role that really embellishes your life, once you sign up to something like that, it takes over your life you have to commit to that, you have to sign a contract. That frightens me. I like the freedom of being an actor."

While the 32-year-old hunk loves acting, he sometimes wishes he had opted for a better paid career.

He explained: "I've made a real point in my career to make movies. And it's a tough thing to do, to go down that route, because there's not a lot of money in movies, people think there is and there isn't, especially not in British movies, so you have to pick and choose your movies as much as you possibly can and try and shine in them. You're not as restricted in movies, you can make a movie about anything."

Danny Dyer's Football Foul-Ups DVD is available to buy now.

Source - Virgin Media

Comments

Popular Posts