Jessie Wallace's miracle makeover

Jessie Wallace feels like she has "a whole new life" after giving up drinking.

The former 'EastEnders' actress who played Kat Slater in the soap for five years until 2005 has lost over 28lbs on a strict diet and exercise regime and after curbing her hard partying ways, insists she has never felt better.

The 37-year-old star who has a five-year-old daughter Tallulah said: "I used to look in the mirror and think, 'What a mess', but now I feel like I've got a whole new life.

"My lowest point was when I was being slated for going off the rails and doing things I shouldn't have done. I got myself into a bit of a situation relationship-wise and I had terrible people around me, but I couldn't see it. My life had no focus."

The actress admits she realised she had to do something about her lifestyle after seeing unflattering photographs of herself on holiday.

She explained to Reveal magazine: "The turning point was seeing a photo of myself in Majorca. I was in denial about my weight. I'd drink beer, eat McDonalds, crumpets drenched in butter - I felt sluggish. If I'm honest, I never felt happy.

"Then I saw that picture and thought, 'Oh my God, is that what I look like?' "

Despite previously loving her partying lifestyle, Jessie insists she will never go back to her old habits.

She said: "Nothing tempts me, this is my lifestyle now. If a person became a vegetarian, you wouldn't be able to tempt them with a burger and I have the same mindset."

Source - Virgin Media

Comments

Popular Posts