Walford new star's accent drama

EastEnders newcomer Emer Kenny has told how she spent time on the bus to ditch her posh voice in favour of a Walford accent.

The actress plays outspoken Zsa Zsa Carter, the niece of Shirley Carter, in both the BBC One soap and its new online spin-off, EastEnders: E20.

Discussing the differences between herself and her alter ego, Emer said: "My voice is completely different. I'm really posh and she's a lot harder than me!"

She added: "On my first day on set the director set 'What are you going to do about your voice?' I said 'just wait'. He said 'you had better spend all weekend in the East End.' So I travelled on the bus a lot! I heard a lot of different accents and got into it."

Emer has previously played the vicar's daughter in comedy horror film Lesbian Vampire Killers.

Source - MSN

Comments

Popular Posts