Danny Young wants EastEnders role

Ex-Coronation Street star Danny Young is keen to get a part on rival soap EastEnders.

Danny, who was axed from the part of Weatherfield's Warren Baldwin in 2005, said his southern accent could make him a good fit for the Walford show.

He told Closer magazine: "I would love to give soaps another go, EastEnders would be good as I'm a massive fan."

He went on: "People say I would be better suited to EastEnders because of my Essex accent. I'd love to get back into TV acting. I'm a bit more grown-up now and have a better work ethic. Let's hope I can make a comeback."

The 23-year-old said it was "devastating" when he lost the money, fame and lifestyle that came with his soap role.

He said: "I thought I would be in the soap for the long haul, but I wasn't."

In his interview, Danny also denied speculation that he is back with his ex-Corrie sweetheart Nikki Sanderson, even though she was spotted in the audience of Dancing On Ice.

He insisted, however, that they remain good friends.

"At the moment, I've massively single. I am very much on the market. If I met someone I would be really happy," he added.

The full interview is in Closer magazine, out now.

Source - MSN

Comments

Popular Posts