Scary Melissa Suffield

Melissa Suffield says people are too scared to approach her.

The EastEnders actress who plays wild child Lucy Beale in the BBC One soap admits attitudes towards her have changed dramatically as her character has developed into a "horrible" person.

Melissa who has played Lucy since 2004 said: "It was more daunting for me when I was younger. I'd been on 'EastEnders' for a year when I joined secondary school, so everyone immediately knew who I was. That was quite scary and very strange. You're 12 or 13 and you've got all these 16 to 18 year olds going, 'Hey, Lucy!'. But by the time I reached year 11, I was fine.

"When I was younger, people would come up to me and go, 'Ha, ha, you're Ian Beale's daughter, aren't you?' Now they're slightly scared to come up to me because I'm so horrible on screen!"

However, the 17-year-old star insists she is very different to her on screen alter ego.

She added to new! magazine: "She's very high street, whereas right now I'm wearing a man's vintage denim shirt and a floral scarf. I make a lot of my own clothes as well. I made the red dress I wore at the National Television Awards a few weeks ago."


Source - Virgin Media

Comments

Popular Posts