Jessie Wallace expected comeback

Jessie Wallace always expected to return to EastEnders.

The 38-year-old actress who will reprise her role as outspoken market stall owner Kat Slater later this year was "surprised" to be approached by bosses on the BBC One soap, even though she always suspected they would bring back the memorable character.

She told BANG Showbiz: "I was surprised. But I think there was always a hope. I used to get asked 'When are you going to go back?' all the time. But now it's like, 'You're going back!' I get called Kat every single day. So I just had a feeling because she's a remembered character. I left 'EastEnders' five years ago, but you know, I suppose it was always going to happen."

The brunette star was presenting an award at the Tesco magazine Mum of the Year honours - which recognises exceptional parenting at London's Waldorf Hilton Hotel yesterday (28.02.10), and was delighted to be asked.

She explained: "When I saw why these women are getting awards I wanted to help because people like that really do deserve awards."

Although she enjoyed the ceremony which saw Gordon Ramsay's wife Tana Ramsey named Celebrity Mum of the Year, Jessie was left red-faced when she had a wardrobe malfunction as she entered the event with her five-year-old daughter Tallulah.

She laughed: "I didn't realise it was going to be so showbizzy. I had no idea! I was walking down the red carpet and my belt just popped off of me!

"Tallulah is really shy. Children are funny, something they're ok. But she's really shy and today she didn't want her photo taken."

Jessie was joined by a host of other TV beauties, including 'EastEnders' actresses Jo Joyner who plays Tanya Branning and Patsy Palmer (Bianca Jackson).

Source - Virgin Media

Comments

Popular Posts