Patsy Palmer against Ricky reunion

Patsy Palmer didn't want Bianca and Ricky Butcher to get back together.

The EastEnders actress who has appeared in the BBC One soap on-and-off for 17 years was thrilled to return to the show in 2008, but was disappointed when she found out her alter-ego would reunite with her ex-husband.

She told BANG Showbiz: "It's really nice to be back actually and everybody seems to be really pleased. I didn't really want them to get back together but there you go. They write it. I have no idea why people are so obsessed with Ricky and Bianca, but I am really pleased."

Bianca and Ricky first married in 1997, but this ended in divorce. However, after rekindling their romance they tied the knot again last month.

The 37-year-old star has also revealed how upset she was to learn that Barbara Windsor who plays outspoken landlady Peggy Mitchell is preparing the leave the programme.

Patsy believes the upcoming casting changes which will also see the return of Alfie and Kat Moon will be good for the show.

Speaking at the world premiere of new movie 'Nanny McPhee And The Big Bang' at London's Leicester Square last night (24.03.10), she said: "It's sad actually that Barbara's leaving. She's a really great character to have around. But I'm looking forward to the next few months. I'm sure you know that Kat is coming back. When I used to watch it I really loved her character. I know Jesse but not that well, I just think it will be really nice to work with her. I hope Kat and Bianca become friends and don't just start fighting straight away."

Source - Virgin Media

Comments

Popular Posts