Star 'nearly packed it in'

John Partridge, who plays vest-loving beefcake Christian Clarke, has admitted he was ready to give up the acting game just before his Walford role came along.

Speaking on This Morning, John said he was "disillusioned by it all", explaining: "At 36 waiting for the phone to ring was becoming really really difficult, and the thing about this game is the constant rejection."

He went on: "I did nearly pack it all in. I did have six months where I said to the agent that I really didn't wanna do it anymore... And then I got the call for EastEnders, and I thought, 'I'm never going to get it'. I went to the first audition and read appallingly but they saw something in me, and called me back."

The rest is obviously history. And perhaps the long-running storyline is soon to become history too, what with Preeya Kalidas's, who plays oblivious Amira Masood, final scenes coming up.

John said: "I think everybody is going to end up heartbroken - there is never a winner in a situation like this, and I don't want to give too much away but obviously Amira's exit is coming up so you've got to tune in." Don't worry, we will.

Source - Holy Soap

Comments

Popular Posts