Elliott 'gets abuse' over gay role

EastEnders star Marc Elliott has revealed he has suffered abuse in the street since his character's gay love affair.

The actor's alter ego Syed Masood saw his marriage crumble after his relationship with Christian Clarke was found out.

Marc told the Sun: "Since playing Syed I have really got it in the neck when I'm out."

He went on: "A lot of people are supportive but there is still a huge amount of negativity."

He said he laughs off the insults, and added: "I haven't been threatened but there's a lot of cat-calling in the street. Any insult, I've had it thrown at me.

"It's an incredibly important part. In so many cultures being gay is still something swept under the carpet."

The 30-year-old scooped the best newcomer gong at the British Soap Awards, which will be screened on ITV1 on Wednesday 19 May.

Source - MSN

Comments

hunniexoxo said…
AWWWWW! Marc, we love you!
Chryed forever x :D

Popular Posts