Glynis defends EastEnder Glenda

EastEnders Glynis Barber insists she doesn't play Glenda Mitchell as a villain, but viewers have made their mind up anyway.

The Mitchell family are about to discover that Glenda knew her husband Archie was abusing their daughter Ronnie when she was a child, but Glynis has defended her character, insisting she isn't all bad.

Glynis told Inside Soap magazine: "Viewers say to me 'Oh she's an absolute b***h', before telling me how much they love her. What's funny is that I've never played Glenda as a baddy. But the more genuine I try to make her, the more devious she appears to the audience!"

Glynis believes Glenda didn't ignore Ronnie's abuse at the hands of her evil dad, but couldn't bring herself to accept it was happening.

She explained: "I found it a very difficult thing to get my head around, because if Glenda knew her child was being hurt all along, then she's a complete monster. So the way I played it was to try to justify why she pushed aside the uneasy feeling she had about what was taking place.

"She didn't want to think about anything that horrible."

Source - MSN

Comments

Popular Posts