EastEnders wins big at Inside Soap Awards

EastEnders was the big winner at the 2010 Inside Soap Awards on Monday night (27.09.10).

As well as retaining the title of Best Soap, the BBC One show also took home the gongs for Best Actress, Sexiest Male, Best Newcomer, Best Exit and Best Wedding.

Actress Lacey Turner who plays Stacey Branning in the soap received the Best Actress prize for the fifth consecutive year, while Charlie Clements, who played her on-screen husband Bradley Branning, won Best Exit for his dramatic rooftop police chase which was part of the show's live episode earlier in the year.

Keeping it in the Branning family, the Sexiest Male award went to Scott Maslen (Jack Branning), although the actor admitted he was embarrassed to win the trophy.

Speaking at the ceremony at London's Shaka Zulu venue, he told BANG Showbiz: "It's more embarrassing than anything really! I don't feel very sexy. I mean, I'm 40 years old! It's just another thing to get ribbed by my mates for. At my age, something like this doesn't really affect you but if I was 18 or 19 I'd be walking around thinking I owned the place."

However, he was very proud that 'EastEnders' took home the top honour.

He added: "Winning Best Soap seems so right what with Barbara Windsor leaving, she's left such a legacy behind her."

Source - Virgin Media

Comments

Carla said…
Way to go EE! Love ya!!!! :-)))))

Popular Posts