Jessie Wallace: High-def is cruel

Jessie Wallace has joked EastEnders' forthcoming move to high-definition is "cruel".

The 38-year-old, who will reprise her role as feisty Kat Slater on the BBC soap, is concerned that the cameras will highlight the cast's physical flaws.

"Isn't it cruel? They should keep it for wildlife, not for people - my make-up will look so thick," she told Woman's Own.

"Shane Richie [Alfie Moon] had a hair poking out of his nose the other day. I said, 'You wait until HD - all the mums will be trying to pluck it out of the screen!" she added.

Jessie admitted she was "petrified" about slipping back into Kat.

"It was much easier than I thought. I was petrified on my first day but as soon as I put on the make-up, hoop earrings, miniskirt and leopard-print stilettos, I had her straight away," she recalled.

"I was shaking, walking back on set. My very first scene was in the back of a cab on the phone and I thought, 'How am I going to pull this off?' But as soon as I got on the Square, I was home."

She even had to re-watch old episodes for research.

"I hadn't played the character for five years and I'd let her go. I had this fear that I'd forgotten how to play Kat, so I got sent some DVDs. I'd forgotten how feisty and funny she is," Jessie added.

Jessie's first appearance on EastEnders will be on September 17.

Source - MSN

Comments

Popular Posts