Lacey: I quit right after Charlie

EastEnders star Lacey Turner has revealed she decided to leave the soap after screen husband Charlie Clements made his decision to go.

The actress has played Stacey Branning for six and a half years, but bows out on Christmas Day.

Actor Charlie left the soap in dramatic fashion in February, when his character Bradley Branning plunged to his death from an Albert Square building during the show's 25th anniversary live episode.

Lacey said: "I'd always told Charlie 'I'll go when you go'. He said he was going so I made my decision the day after. I'd been thinking about it but wasn't quite brave enough before then.

"I gave them a year's notice so they could plan it properly. It was a massive decision - one I'll probably regret, but you never know!"

The 22-year-old has received critical acclaim and numerous television awards during her time at EastEnders, but she insists she is leaving with "no plan" for what to do next.

"I feel like I've worked for ever. I went to school and came here straight after. I've never really had a chance to do nothing, and I am rubbish at doing nothing, but I'll try. I'm going to try and just chill out and wait and see what happens," she said.

Source - MSN

Comments

simon g said…
Fantastic Actress. I hope she goes on to bigger things. Well done.
Emmie said…
I agree fantastic actress. I hope to see her on many future programmes.
kathleen said…
I am goona miss stacey she is a good actress she must come back in the future episodes

Popular Posts