Cassidy speaks out on soap plot

Ex-EastEnder Natalie Cassidy has said that being a new mum gave her a different perspective on the controversial baby swap plot.

The Walford show has drawn thousands of complaints from viewers of the plot, which saw Ronnie Branning swap her dead newborn for Kat Moon's healthy son.

Natalie, who gave birth to daughter Eliza in September, told New! magazine: "The cot death storyline has stirred up a lot of emotion in viewers. Now I am a mum I see things differently and when I was watching Ronnie walking around hours after giving birth I was thinking you're not supposed to do that!

"The acting has been sensational."

Samantha Womack, who plays Ronnie, is bowing out of the soap this year, but her agent has denied that her decision was motivated by the contentious plot.

Natalie said: "Samantha Janus has decided to leave the show, although it wasn't because of the storyline as some reports suggested. I'm sure she'll continue to have a great career. I wish her lots of luck."

Source - MSN

Comments

Popular Posts