Hat-trick for EastEnders at NTAs

The show triumphed at the National Television Awards in London last night, taking home all three soap related prizes.

It scooped the top award for Most Popular Serial Drama, while ex-EastEnder Lacey Turner collected the gong for Most Outstanding Serial Drama Performance and Ricky Norwood was named Most Popular Newcomer.

Lacey, who beat the likes of Corrie's Katherine Kelly and former colleague Steve McFadden to the award, said it felt "really good" to leave the soap having won the trophy, but admitted she was sad to no longer be playing Stacey Branning.

"I miss her already," she said. "I was very upset when I left, but a good upset."

Ricky, who plays wheeler dealer Fatboy, pipped the likes of Corrie's Paula Lane and Emmerdale's Marc Silcock to his prize, which he dedicated to his nan.

"She always supported me. She was the first to get me into performing. She started me break dancing when I was three," he said.

And after collecting the award for best soap, a delighted Steve McFadden admitted he was "really shocked" that Coronation Street didn't win it after its 50th anniversary.

"They had a great year. They put some great episodes together and really pushed it. And they lost."

Comments

Popular Posts