McDermott: I didn't watch baby plot

EastEnders star and new dad Neil McDermott has admitted he couldn't bring himself to watch the show's cot death and baby swap storyline.

The actor, who plays Ryan Malloy in the soap, is the proud father of daughter Arabella Betsy, who was born earlier this month.

On the National Television Awards red carpet, he admitted: "We didn't watch it because [my wife] Michelle was a few days overdue when that was going on. At the end of the day, if something is going to upset you don't watch it."

But he reckons the row, which saw a record number of complaints for the soap, was "blown out of proportion a little bit".

"Janine tried to poison her husband at Christmas and stabbed herself and no one blinked an eyelid.

"EastEnders does try and tackle these stories, like the paedophilia one with Whitney. They are difficult. Often when done well they hit the right nerve and people are affected by them. You get the complaints but people applaud it as well, and you don't hear about that."

Neil is currently enjoying some paternity leave before he returns to the soap.

He said being a dad was "brilliant".

"Patsy Palmer told me I wouldn't experience love like it, and she's absolutely right. It's unbelievable, but a little bit tiring as well."

Source - MSN

Comments

suchi said…
This is really a good stuff, I would say that Image Recovery helpful Recover your lost digital images, audio, video and data files with MediaRECOVER software. This sounds good. I like it.

Long distance movers
kathleen said…
are we gonna see ryan back with stacey in the future ?
suchi said…
This blog is related shopping. New ideas, quality designs, sensible colors, and no-nonsense prices. I want to like the bag, but something is keeping me from liking it. Unfortunate because I own so many of his bags. This is really nice blog…


Firmagave
suchi said…
nidThis blog is related shopping. New ideas, quality designs, sensible colors, and no-nonsense prices. I want to like the bag, but something is keeping me from liking it. Unfortunate because I own so many of his bags. This is really nice blog…


Firmagave
penny said…
me gusta ver bebé tiene algunas colecciones de seguimiento del bebé ...
MEJOR LA SUBASTA EN ESPAÑOL

Popular Posts