Palmer: I don't want to be tied

EastEnders star Patsy Palmer may quit the soap so she can spend more time with her family.

The actress, known for playing Bianca Butcher, gave birth to her fourth child Bertie in December.

She told Hello! magazine: "I've just finished my contract with EastEnders and I've decided I don't want to be tied to anything."

She went on: "I just want to spend as much time as I can with Bertie and enjoy every minute with him.

"We'll see if and when they want me back and then I will consider it. Right now my family is the most important part of my life."

The 38-year-old also revealed she found the show's controversial baby swap plot upsetting, but it particularly affected her nine-year-old daughter.

"We all cried when we watched it. But it really affected Emilia, because she adores her new baby brother and she simply couldn't believe something like that could happen.

"She was sobbing her heart out and kept saying, 'Please don't go back there mummy.' I had to calm her down and explained that it wasn't for real and that it was all pretend."

Source - msn

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well done Patsy - put family first love xx This Bryan Kirkwood needs to go, sorry, I have watched Eastenders since it started but I really feel I need a 6 month break, it's horrible, horrible now
Anonymous said…
Good for Patsy Palmer for wishing to enjoy her family, particularly with the addition of her new baby.
She's done a lot for Eastenders, really buoyed it up with her acting skills and I for one would miss "Bianca" very much.
However, family does come first if one can afford it; maybe someday, if she does leave, she will come back again, like Carol did.

Popular Posts