Jessie returned for baby swap plot

Jessie Wallace has said she returned to EastEnders because she thought the baby swap storyline was so good.

The controversial soap plot which saw a grieving Ronnie Mitchell swap her baby son who had died of cot death with the baby of Jessie's character Kat Moon attracted so much criticism from viewers that writers changed it to finish sooner, but Jessie stood by the story.

She said at the Television and Radio Industries Club Awards: "It is a good storyline and as an actor that's what you love doing. When they asked me to go back I said yes straightaway.

"I knew the storylines would be good and it's paying off because people are loving it. There are also a lot of people who aren't loving it but it's a great storyline and that is what it's all about - the reaction."

Jessie who has previously revealed that fans call her Kat in the street said she's pleased by the strong reaction the story has provoked, but doesn't focus on it as she's careful not to take her work home with her.

The 39-year-old actress and mother said: "It's all positive stuff but I detach myself from that. I, Jessie Wallace, detach myself from Kat Slater when I leave that building so when people say stuff I just take it on as complimentary of my acting."

Source - MSN

Comments

Popular Posts