Essex suffers 'new boy' nerves

David Essex has admitted that joining EastEnders was "daunting".

The singer, who plays Alfie Moon's uncle, charismatic Eddie Moon, in the BBC One soap, told Digital Spy he was made to feel at home by the cast.

He said in the interview: "Some of the cast have been here for more than 20 years, so it's like coming into a new school. But they've been tremendously respectful and very welcoming. Jake Wood, who plays Max, has been my mentor.

"I haven't worked with any of the cast before as it's a world that I haven't been involved in, but that's what makes it quite interesting for me. And since I've started, I've worked with almost everyone in the cast now."

The veteran singer and actor added: "It's a lot of work to start off with because you're basically introducing yourself to the show, so it's been fast and furious, but it's been enjoyable."

David makes his debut as Alfie's uncle and Michael's estranged father Eddie in Monday's episode.

source - msn

Comments

Popular Posts