Bunmi rules out Walford return

Former EastEnders star Bunmi Mojekwu has ruled out a return to Walford.

The 22-year-old actress, who played Mercy Olubunmi in the BBC soap and its internet spin-off EastEnders: E20 until she left last month, would prefer to "move on to bigger things", although she has great memories of her time on Albert Square.

"Leaving was kind of a mutual thing - it was coming towards the end of the character's journey. I felt it was time for me to come off the back of this and challenge myself before I became a bit too rooted in the show," she told Kent News.

"I didn't want that to happen, so I definitely feel comfortable coming out of EastEnders now. I have gained enough exposure and I want to move on to bigger things."

Bunmi added: "I have a couple of things lined up - we are in talks at the moment, so I am crossing my fingers and waiting for the green light.

"Although I love EastEnders, I wouldn't return - I am not a believer in going backwards. I like to go forwards and that chapter is definitely closed, but I had a great time there."

Mercy's screen departure saw her leaving husband Fatboy Chubb (Ricky Norwood) heartbroken when she decided to return to Nigeria.

Comments

Popular Posts