Shona wept at co-star Neil's exit

EastEnders star Shona McGarty has confessed she couldn't stop crying when she filmed her last scene with Neil McDermott.

The 30-year-old actor is leaving the soap after two years as Ryan Malloy, the half-brother of her character Whitney Dean, and Shona told Digital Spy she was sad to see him go.

She revealed: "In Ryan's last scene, Whitney is absolutely devastated and she cannot stop crying. But I felt the same way and when they called 'cut', I couldn't stop crying! I was in hysterics - I was so upset."

The 19-year-old actress appears in some difficult scenes next week when Whitney's evil pimp Rob Grayson returns to Albert Square.

Shona revealed she has really enjoyed working with Jody Latham, who plays Rob.

She said: "He's amazing - I really respect him as a person, as well as an actor. I think he's very brave to play a character like that, and I felt the same way about Chris Coghill, who had the role of Tony.

"It's something that could be frowned upon among some of the viewers who take it so seriously, but Jody played that role really, really well. He scared me when he was doing his lines!

"He's brilliant. We also had a lot of fun on set together - working with him was a really good laugh."

Comments

Popular Posts