David Essex: I cried filming final EastEnders!

EastEnders star David Essex has admitted that he shed tears when filming his final scenes as Eddie Moon in the soap.

The 70s pop star turned actor confessed to the emotional moment in an interview with Inside Soap magazine and said that co-stars Matt Lapinskas and Tony Discipline, who play his onscreen sons, also cried when they said goodbye.

"Let's put it this way - there were lots of tears during one of my final scenes at the boxing gym," David said.

"It was very powerful, and myself and the other Moon boys were crying our eyes out!"

David whose alter ego leaves Walford after splitting from Vanessa also revealed that he has enjoyed tackling some of the more challenging storylines on the show.

"The emotional and soul-baring things that Eddie has had to deal with have made it so challenging and interesting for me," he said.

"Great credit has to go to the show's executive producer Bryan Kirkwood and the writers. They've given me some brilliant stuff to do."

And he has not ruled out a return to Albert Square in the future.

"I've got lots on, so it'll all depend on timing," David said. "I haven't closed the door on Eddie - it's just been left ajar!"

Comments

Popular Posts