Charlie Brooks Explains Six-Month Break

EastEnders favourite Charlie Brooks has explained her decision to take a six month break from playing Janine Butcher on the long-running soap.

The star, who won the Strictly Come DancingChristmas special, appeared on This Morning to discuss her plans for when she bows out temporarily in August.

"I've got six months off in August, just to have a bit of breathing space," she explained.

"It'll be me and [daughter] Kiki, camper van, Europe - I can't wait. So we're going to do a big old road trip. Sometimes you just need a little bit of a break."

Janine is currently expecting a baby with partner Michael Moon, played by Steve John Shepherd, but viewers have speculating about Brooks' hiatus means for their relationship.

"I can't give anything away," she said. "I've just been given a bit of information that I can't tell. I think I'd get sacked! Let's just say there's lots of fun and games to come."

Comments

Popular Posts