June Brown denies EastEnders' exit

EastEnders legend June Brown has denied rumours she is leaving the soap for good.

The 85-year-old veteran actress, who is currently on a six-month break from playing Dot Branning in the BBC show, previously hinted she may not return to her famous role.

According to The Sun, she said: "My contract ended and I want to do something else. As an actress, you don't want to always plod away at the same thing. I don't know how long I will be out. I have no idea if I will go back."

But her agent AIM insisted: "June Brown is taking a break from EastEnders as she has done before. She will be completing her autobiography, and intends to return to EastEnders in the not too distant future."

An EastEnders spokesperson added: "June is currently on a filming break but will be back."

Viewers will see June's final scenes as chain-smoking Dot this week before she heads off on her screen hiatus.

June has played the character since 1985, and following a four-year break in 1993, has continued portraying her from 1997 onwards.

Comments

Popular Posts