EastEnders Mandy hints at soap return

EastEnders star Nicola Stapleton has confirmed that she would not rule out another return for her soap character Mandy Salter.

Viewers recently saw Mandy bow out of the hit TV show. However, speaking on Loose Women today, Stapleton stated that she wouldn't be surprised if her character returns to The Square.

She said: "I don't want to play someone who's normal and boring - I want somebody who's feisty and spicy. I love Mandy. She's got layers, I think - she's deep and she's troubled.

"It's been really nice, actually, with the last few storylines that I had with Vicky Alcock who played my mum. It's fine to put a character on telly and say, 'Oh, what a horrible person', but it's nice to explain why people might be like that. I think they tackled those storylines really well."

She continued: "It's been a nice journey with her this time round, because it's been a lot more explanatory. As I say, it's had a lot more layers so I've really enjoyed it."

Asked whether she would return as Mandy, Stapleton added: "It's always open, so you never know - never say never. I never said last time that I would never go back. I enjoyed it so much more than I really thought I was going to. It was lovely meeting the new people and cast that I hadn't worked with before."

Comments

Popular Posts