Sid Owen 'never returning' to EastEnders

Sid Owen has stated that he will not return to Eastenders in the future, having retired from the acting business.

The 40-year-old actor has portrayed the character of Ricky Butcher on the iconic soap for just under a quarter of a century, but tells the Sunday Mirror that that part of his life is over.

Viewers watched in June of this year as Butcher said a tearful farewell to his family, children and Albert Square after the wedding of his sister Janine.

"I'm done with the UK and I hope that you will never see me on your TV screens again ­because I'm done and I've ­retired" he said. "I much prefer the ­lifestyle I have now."

Owen added "I've retired. I'm now living permanently in France, where I have been on-and-off for the last ten years, and I'm running my restaurant",

"I haven't quite made my ­millions but I'm happy doing that and I'll never be back."

Comments

Anonymous said…
well he certainly sounds certain; i wish him well.
he'd just about done all he could as rickaaay, but i really, really miss bianca.
Anonymous said…
He's in it now though isn't he?
Anonymous said…
Didn't he leave after Janine's wedding? Presumably not to be seen on our screens again?
Mike said…
Sid is one of my favorite actors.

Popular Posts