Gary has to hide scripts from his mum

EastEnders star Gary Lucy has revealed he's stopped getting scripts delivered to his mum's house - because she can't resist a peek.

The former Hollyoaks star has joined the BBC One soap as city banker Danny Pennant, who causes trouble between Syed Massood and Christian Clarke.

He revealed: "My mum absolutely loves it, she was very excited when I told her I'd got the role. I had to tell her, 'don't you dare tell anyone'.

"I get the scripts delivered to my house, I don't get them delivered to hers any more. She used to sit and read all my Hollyoaks ones. She'd say, 'You know you're doing that next week' and I'd say, 'No, I didn't, but I do now'.

Gary, who grew up watching EastEnders, admitted his first day on set was an eye-opener.

"It was quite surreal on the first day, being on the Square and looking round, thinking 'There's the Queen Vic, there's Phil'," he said.

"It's a great opportunity to play something completely different and get your teeth into a different character, I've really enjoyed it."

Comments

Popular Posts